Thursday, July 2, 2009

The bear poops in the woods

My oldest is, for the most part, potty trained. This is great news because I had two in diapers for over two years. My diaper bill was cut in half. Woo, who! Another benefit is that my assembly line just got shorter. You see, I do in-home day care and so for over two years, Monday thru Friday, I had four children, all under three years old, in diapers. That’s a lot of poop!

Now to the point of my story…..

I’m standing in my kitchen doing dishes and I look out the window to watch my children play. My oldest is bent over with her dress pulled up to her chin and her bare bum sticking out in the breeze. Through the window I say, “No! Don’t go potty outside. Get in here.” (We have a dog and she thinks it is magic when her pee disappears into the grass. NO! We don’t encourage this behavior.)

By the time I get outside she has put her dress back in place, raises her arms in the air and chimes “I did it mommy, I did it!" with an ever pround grin spread across her face. I look down and she had dropped a load right there in our back yard.

Thank heavens for tall fences!

No comments:

Post a Comment